Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Night Circus

The Night CircusThe Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

At first, I loved this book. It was full of intrigue and had an air of mysticism to it. It reminded me a lot of The Prestige. However, then I discovered why it was categorized as YA. There is a huge love story that is completely ridiculous. I am not a fan of over fantasized romance. Whenever that story took a back burner, the real story of the circus and competition could shine through.

As for the characters, I loved some and hated others. I felt Celia Bowen was cocky and difficult to relate to while Poppet was absolutely charming and adorable.

I would definitely recommend this to someone interested in YA books with a slight fantasy twist.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment