Thursday, February 4, 2016

Redeeming Love

Redeeming LoveRedeeming Love by Francine Rivers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don't like love stories. I hate chick-flicks, romance novels and the like. However, this book hooked me. The writing was engaging and the characters were easy to connect with. I loved the book until I got about half way through and it just kept repeating itself. At this point in the book, it started to move slowly and the same characters began taking the same actions. Angel put up shields and ran away, Miram loved everyone and got her feelings hurt, Michael forgave Angel and stood by her side, Paul was a jerk...etc. I did appreciate that Rivers showed how sex can be used as a tool for abuse, violence and dehumanization while contrasting that with sex as a means for creation and forming a special bond between a husband and  a wife. Sex is more than a physical act, it is emotional and spiritual as well.  I think the book could have improved by being half as long. Why say something in 400 pages when 200 will do?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment