Monday, January 11, 2016

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The premise of the book is extremely enticing, but the story line is borderline dull and I honestly thought the photos detracted from the plot. The story starts off really mysterious and intriguing. The first couple of chapters got me hooked. But then things started to get weird. It felt as though the story was forced around the photos rather than the two complementing each other. Riggs would have a section of great prose and then throw in a random paragraph so he could work in the next photo. It felt very forced and uncomfortable. I really wanted to like this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment