Monday, January 11, 2016

The Selection Series

The One (The Selection, #3)The One by Kiera Cass
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Kass has a strong sense of what the teenage girl is looking for and brings that to life in her main character, America. She is beautiful (but humble), confident (but still scared), highly sought after and tremendously brave. It's Katniss Everdeen without all the violence and traumatic experience.

That being said, I'm not a teenager and the romance and idiotic notions of what love is, sort of made me want to throw up. The main characters were immature and the romance was over the top and unrealistic. Sure, many of you are saying "But it was realistic, they had fights. They weren't perfect!" True, couples have fights. Not the kind they have or over the things they fought over. America's feelings for her two suitors changed from irrevocable love to a "forget him" mentality nearly every chapter.

The writing was entertaining and the overall plot (bigger than the love triangle) was intriguing. This was a Utopian society type I had never heard of and that interested me. Kass did a great job writing to her audience. I'm just not her audience.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment