Monday, January 11, 2016

The Boston Girl

The Boston GirlThe Boston Girl by Anita Diamant
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Diamant's use of plain language and "straight-forward" manner added complexity to the book which I thoroughly enjoyed. Diamant left me longing for more detail and emotion but in the end, I felt as though the lack of added emotion made the book and its characters more elusive. I felt connected to Addie on a level I never expected to be. She went through so much trauma in nearly every aspect of her life and yet maintained composure. Her underlying theme of feminine power fought its way through the book and was victorious in the end.

I was also impressed with Addie's love of friendship and ability to stay connected to friends over decades. This struck me because I have always had difficulty maintaining good friendships and often find myself losing track of old friends but Addie's dedication to her true friends actually inspired me to reach out to those I have lost contact with.

This story encourages strong friendships, feminine power, and perseverance through trials. I highly recommend this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment