Monday, January 11, 2016

The Alchemist

The AlchemistThe Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As my brother in law put it, "It wasn't even about science." No, this book is not about science. It is about finding out how science can exist. It is about finding a relationship with the world and through that a relationship with God. The Alchemist is a wonderful story about a boy who is seeking his personal legend. I love this book. There is so much wisdom in it. It is a small book with big themes such as: the true meaning of love, enduring to the end and the language of the world. It was interesting to get a perspective on Creation and God from a culture I am not very familiar with. The references to the Bible helped reinforce its truthfulness to me. Inspiring and uplifting story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment