Thursday, March 3, 2016

The Girl on the Train

The Girl on the TrainThe Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Have you ever questioned everything you knew? That is the premise for The Girl on the Train. I picked this book up after reading Gone Girl, still longing for suspense and thrill. It did not disappoint. Granted there was some language and dark themes that I didn't love. Our protagonist is not the average heroine. She is a drunk, she is lonely, she is depressed and she is desperate. It is all of these flaws that make her the perfect hero for this story.

Hawkins made me question my hasty judgments and shed light on a world I had never known: alcoholism.

The twist at the end of this book was strategic and subtle. You always suspect, but never know for sure.

If you are looking for an intense novel that will take you for a ride, check it out. If you are looking for an uplifting literary read, this is not for you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment